As part of our continuing programme of ensuring the provision of efficient and well managed services that meet our current and changing needs, we have recently completed the tender and selection process for Occupational Health Services, including a 24/7 employee assistance programme ( EAP). From 1 April 2017 we appointed Milton Keynes Occupational Health Services (MKOH) as the Authority’s Occupational Health provider. MKOH’s role is to provide support to both employees and managers in an advisory capacity and in all health related procedures that the Authority adheres to. They have considerable experience in delivering Occupational Health to Fire Services and will continue to supply us with three locations within Buckinghamshire for Occupational Health appointments;
- Milton Keynes
- High Wycombe
BFRS and MKOH are committed to delivering an improved service that benefits all employees in the coming months and years.
From 1 April 2017the new Employee Assistance Programme is provided via Workplace Wellness. This Service is available to employees and their families within the Authority. This free, confidential service can offer expert advice, information and support. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, online or over the phone. They will aim to answer any questions immediately or refer the individual to the most appropriate advisor, counsellor or source of information, all completely confidentially.
Some subjects EAP can help staff with:
- Consumer rights and legal information – benefits, housing problems, tax credits, disability, neighbour disputes
- Debt Management and Budgeting –creditors, financial health check
- Emotional Support – poor work/life balance, illness, crisis, anxiety, loss, self-confidence, workplace pressure
- Family Relationships – communication, marriage, co-habitation, coping with teenagers
- Health & Wellbeing – problems sleeping, fitness, weight management, alcohol, nutrition
- Work and Career issues – change, team dynamics, work overload, conflict