Skip back to main navigation
It's not a job, it's a career.
This page holds our open vacancies. Please scroll down to see the full job postings. To learn more about the roll of Wholetime Firefighter, On-call Firefighter or our Transferee Firefighter program select the corresponding button.
Learn more about the role of a Wholetime Firefighter by clicking the button below
Learn more about the role of a On-call (part-time) Firefighter by clicking the button below
Learn more about our Transferee Firefighter program by clicking the button below
Closing Date : Wed, 4 Dec 2019 00:00:00 GMTCategory
: Support ServicesReference:
An excellent opportunity has arisen here at Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service where our vision is to make Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes the safest areas in England in which to live, work and travel.
The successful candidate will undertake reception duties and provide administrative support across several departments including Fleet, Facilities Management and Property Services departments. Experience required:
You will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience of working within a busy and changeable environment
- Previously worked in administration and reception capacity
- Meeting and greeting visitors to a professional manner
- Efficient in Microsoft Office packages and able to receive, monitor and transfer multiple calls using skype
- Ability to work flexibly
- Can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines
The hours for this role are 18.75 hours per week and the working hours are Monday to Tuesday 08:30 - 17:00 hrs and Wednesday 08:30 - 12:30 hrs.
This role may also require travel on occasion. Reasonable notice will be given when you will be required to travel to an alternative location via the Administrative Support Manager. Ideally, we will also require you to be a car owner with a clean driving licence.
For further information about the role please review the job description, which can be downloaded via the link below.
We can offer you an exciting, varied and worthwhile career. We have excellent flexible working arrangements to help manage work-life balance and generous holiday allowances which increase with long service. We also offer personal benefits which are listed under packages below.
So, if you think you've got what it takes and want a challenging career then come and work for us, we are based at our Brigade Headquarters, located at Stocklake in Aylesbury. Equality of Opportunity
Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service is an equal opportunity employer and applications from people of any colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability are welcomed.
Aylesbury Fire Station, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1BDSalary:
FTE: £18524 - £19327 per annum
£9387.16 - £9794.09 per annum, pro-rata
Local Government Pension Scheme, good annual leave entitlement, employee benefits, Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health, free onsite parking, onsite gym facilities. APPLY NOW
Closing Date : Sun, 24 Nov 2019 00:00:00 GMTCategory
Exciting opportunities have arisen within Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) for those interested in joining an innovative, forward thinking, progressive Fire and Rescue Service.
We are recruiting for full time, permanent Firefighters positions, with the successful applicants completing the Level 3 Operational Firefighter Apprenticeship qualification.
The salary the role attracts is in line with National pay scales at time of advert:
- Basic annual wage for a Trainee firefighter GBP 23,366 during the initial basic training
- Rising to GBP 24,399 Development Firefighter annual wage until the end of the apprenticeship programme
- Once competent the Firefighter role attracts a salary of GBP 31,144 (rising up to GBP 35,815.60 for those working on our flexi-firefighter duty systemBFRS has a planned approach to create a flexible and sustainable workforce, with the right skills and capability, to maximise contribution of all employees to changing service requirements. With this in mind, the opportunity to enhance the earning potential and other benefits of our staff will be available to all successful candidates.
All successful candidates may be required to work within any of the duty systems employed within BFRS which currently include, but are not limited to, Shift (2 x 9 hour days, 2 x 15 hour nights, followed by 4 rota days), Day Staffed, and Flexi-firefighter systems.
It is our philosophy that we will embed equality, diversity, fairness and inclusion into everything that we do. We view this as fundamental in order to achieve our vision of making Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes the safest areas in England in which to live, work and travel.
Please review our FAQ page here, before applying, which explains apprenticeship programme and details of what will be expected of an Apprentice Firefighter with Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service.
Must have requirements:
In addition, we are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Be at least 18 years old by the start date
- Hold a full UK driving licence (must have passed test by completion of application)
- Live within 20 miles of the Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes border
- Have Level 2 Functional Skills or GCSE's in Maths and English Language A* - C (9 - 4) or accepted equivalent*
- Must be able to swim confidently
- *Level 2 functional skills form an integral part of the apprenticeship, and the recruitment process will include BKSB functional tests for English and Maths.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the role, recruitment process or your qualifications.
- A 'Can Do' attitude
- A keen interest in the Fire and Rescue Services
- A willingness to learn
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to achieve a good level of physical fitness
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to think about the bigger picture in a dynamic and challenging environment
Location: Brigade Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1BD
Salary: £23,366-£31,144 per annum
Package: Onsite car parking, onsite gym access, Occupational Health, recognised qualifications, additional earnings opportunities